Synthetic chemist (f/m)
We are looking for highly motivated and global minded graduates who will be part of synthetic chemistry team of Bicoll in Shanghai (Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park). You will be involved in the awesome world of organic synthesis and drug discovery, working on diverse projects in synthesizing active small molecules.
- Planning and carrying out of preparative organic synthesis in lab-scale; providing and optimizing existing synthesis routes of active small molecules for the project;
- Designing and conducting bench-scale and pilot-scale laboratory experiments, including development of test protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Own set of responsibilities in the project teams encompassing planning, operating and analyzing experiments;
- Implementation and troubleshooting of analytical/purification methods; cleaning and maintaining laboratory equipment and supplies, reporting scientific results and present data analysis in tabular and graphical forms;
- Interpreting data and meeting strict quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) guidelines on documentation when recording data;
- Contact with international clients.
- Graduates, excellent fresh bachelors or fresh masters in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, chemistry and applied chemistry, related one-two years working experience in chemistry or medicinal chemistry;
- Experience in developing and optimization/validation of multi-step analytical procedures including preparation of analytical standards and chemical reagents, performing sampling and extractions, and practical knowledge of instrumental analysis methods of organic and inorganic chemicals from various environmental media;
- Demonstrated knowledge of analytical laboratory techniques, equipment, terminology and procedures, including mathematical calculations used in chemical analyses;
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard laboratory safety practices, knowledge of principles and procedures of laboratory record keeping;
- Very good written and spoken English skills;
- Great attention to detail along with a good scientific sense for chemistry;
- Self reliant and solution-oriented way of working, ability to work in a fast-paced and a team environment of a matrix-like organizational set-up and collaborate effectively as a team member.
BICOLL is a biopharmaceutical company, offering pre-clinical support in the area of Drug Discovery from Natural Products and Medicinal Chemistry. Dedicated to the discovery and optimization of the highest quality lead compounds, BICOLL provides an efficient, multi-disciplinary approach to drug discovery. With outstanding expertise in high tech natural product chemistry and validated experience in medicinal chemistry, BICOLL increases quality and quantity of the drug discovery pipeline of its partner’s candidates portfolio.
The BICOLL Group provides its services to a number of international clients of various fields of interest, e.g. pharmaceutical and agrochemical industry. The BICOLL Group comprises two legal entities: BICOLL GmbH in Munich, Germany and BICOLL Biotechnology (Shanghai) Co. Ltd., P.R. China Technology development, cooperation management and marketing are functions in Munich, while facilities for research and development are located in Shanghai.
Join us and take on new challenges in your career; we are looking for exceptionally talented professionals, who strive for innovation in natural compounds chemistry. Interested? Send us your application documents (not bigger than 0.5 MB) with the subject line “Job: Synthetic chemist” and “your name” and the summary of the work (PPT preferred). Add a short comment why Bicoll will profit from your move to our team, including what you want to bring in as some extraordinary contribution. Specify your earliest starting date.
Bicoll Biotechnology (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.
Room 218, No. 518, Bibo Road,
Pudong New District, Shanghai
201203 PR China