Internship (f/m) in phytochemistry
We are looking for highly motivated and global minded students interested to work within a fast pace business environment as an intern for a period of 3 to 6 months at our Shanghai Branch (Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park). We will offer you the chance to gain hand-on practical experience and to learn application of theories learned at university.
- Own set of responsibilities in the project teams encompassing planning, operating and analyzing experiments;
- Becoming familiar with state-of-the-art tools in natural materials;
- Proceeding the plants as a raw material;
- Extracting and isolating active compounds from natural materials;
- Working on the literature search;
- Involvement in the development of new substances;
- Planning and carrying out of preparative organic synthesis in lab-scale;
- Assisting the team members with projects.
- Prior/basic understanding of the background in natural product chemistry, TCM chemistry, Pharmacognosy, Traditional Chinese Materia;
- Ability to work independently in a laboratory for preparative chemistry;
- Great attention to detail along with a good sense for natural compounds;
- Know-how in phytochemistry;
- Very good written and spoken English skills;
- Self reliant and solution-oriented way of working;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member;
- Firm knowledge in MS-Office applications;
- Ability to work 3 or more days a week.
BICOLL is a biopharmaceutical company offering pre-clinical support in the area of Drug Discovery from Natural Products and Medicinal Chemistry. Dedicated to the discovery and optimization of the highest quality lead compounds, BICOLL provides an efficient and multi-disciplinary approach to drug discovery. With outstanding expertise in high tech natural product chemistry and validated experience in medicinal chemistry, BICOLL increases quality and quantity of the drug discovery pipeline of its partner’s candidates portfolio.
The BICOLL Group provides its services to a number of international clients of various fields of interest, e.g. pharmaceutical and agrochemical industry. The BICOLL Group comprises two legal entities: BICOLL GmbH in Munich, Germany and BICOLL Biotechnology (Shanghai) Co. Ltd., P.R. China. Munich headquarter is responsible for technology development, cooperation management and marketing, and our Shanghai branch is in-charge of research and development.
Join us and take on new challenges in your career. We are looking for exceptionally talented professionals, who strive for innovation in natural compounds chemistry. Interested? Send us your application documents (not bigger than 0.5 MB):
- with the subject line “Job: Internship in phytochemistry” and “your name”;
- Add a short comment on “what will be your contribution to Bicoll’s success”
- what would you bring in as some extraordinary contribution for the Bicoll’s team;
- Specify your earliest starting date.
Bicoll Biotechnology (Shanghai ) Co. Ltd.
Room 218, No. 518, Bibo Road,
Pudong New District, Shanghai
201203 PR China